Unfortunately, we have had to limit the reporting on mailing lists and forums (lack of resources). In addition, we’ve reduced the summaries of the linked articles, and this week there’s no picture, either. Sorry about that, and thank you for your continuing understanding.
- Jochen Topf added new features to tagInfo. One can find similar tags to a specific tag. This is already helping people find typos and correct them (have a look in the changeset history local to you and see!).
- Historic development of unique keys, on the occasion of the Taginfo-Challenge. Follow the thread.
- Improving the OSM map – Why don’t we? (Part 1)
- Pierre Parmentier is the mapper of the month in Belgium.
- OpenCage Data Blog interview: Regional Profile — the State of OpenStreetMap in Mercia. (OSM in the West Midlands)
- OSM with 2 million accounts.
- OSM at 5th Adventure Days in Glauchau.
- The Russian tile server has a new SSD and is a lot quicker now.
- The French SotM-FR takes place from Mai 29 until 31 in Brest, Brittany. (Via OSM France)
- The Call for Proposals for SotM US is open until March 22.
- The candidates for the HOT board elections present their ideas.
- Workshop «Mapeo Humanitario» — Isla de León, Colombia
- Birth of a New E-Mail List — HOT Announcements Only
- Omniscale writes about the open regional city map of the German state Mecklenburg-West Pomerania (ORKa.MV), which combines OSM with official cadastral data and which was updated at the beginning of this year.
- A historical map with a «new» background for Germany — made with historical maps.
- Chicago crime data with Turf.
- 3D-mapland a new 3D renderer.
- OpenStreetMap to production-ready map in minutes with QGIS.
- GraphHopper release version 0.4. Read about the highlights.
- Test coverage of the Rails code on osm.org is now a very impressing 93%!
- Mysterious: Invisible ways in JOSM
- OSMBuildings WebGL source code released
- QGIS stylesheets (QML) for use with OpenStreetMap (OSM) data in ESRI Shapefile format